Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Smashing the Crystal Ball

I envision my future beyond college as a journey to find that perfect film idea to write and direct. I know I will be doing odd films under the direction of creative directors.  I see identifying a genre as useless and hope that my film will push the boundaries of genre rules. Really, I hope there are no boundaries.
Our world as it exists today has high unemployment, poverty, sex trafficking, war, and terrorism. I think these will exist at some level forever. I do not believe that a utopian society will ever exist. Too many people change when they are given power. I guess it is human nature. However, during my lifetime, I do wish for a land of harmony with peace between nations. A universe where different does not mean wrong, just different.
I can even see me meeting a really crazy person in the future that is not wearing a tin foil hats but is supporting one created from parchment paper. He walks in circles as he preaches on the evils of milk and how milk will cause the apocalypse. Maybe milk Will cause the apocalypse. Who knows what will bring the zombies? In any case, I do believe an apocalypse will be inevitable in the future. I believe this is true because every civilization falls no matter how well planned and disciplined. 

Beyond my life, I believe that the future holds the ability of traveling between dimensions. Initially, humans will be educated by these experiences. I even see other universes begin invading Earth’s dimension. I know it will come, that assault.   I see my descendants will have to hastily search for cover from the barrage of bombs dropping from the sky. They will find refuge in the nearest building, perhaps a library. They may go to the area where they can escape by watching one of my films.  We will have leaders from different planets. Our leaders may be mutants that are ten feet tall with Adonis features; or possibly a talking orangutan; or, maybe even a reptilian bitch. Each of these leaders will have special attributes from their universe that keep the Earth alive. Despite all the negatives, a future still holds promise for some form of life and hopefully a civilized nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment